The Old Rectory Chale, formerly known as lady Worsley's Parsonage, was built in 1750 and was last re-fronted during the victorian times. It was sold by the Church in 1960, when it was divided into two flats. We bought The Old Rectory 23 years ago when it needed extensive work. One of the first jobs was to re-roof it as daylight could be seen through the roof in many places. The next step was to reinstate an internal staircase as sadly it had been ripped out when The Old Rectory was converted into flats. After that we embarked on an ongoing round of sympathetic restoration. Much time and devotion has been spent on the garden, Mary is both the hard worker and inspiration, at times helped by Tom, our son who was trained at Kew.